Monday, September 29, 2008

Blast from the Past: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory



So occasionally when I see a movie that I had never seen before and I clearly should have I'll post a review.

This time it's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. There was really no reason for me to not like this movie. First of all it's Tim Burton who is a master at his craft. Second it's Johnny Depp; another master at his craft. And finally the classic tale that I had read growing up.

Now the first question was whether this movie was necessary. I don't think it was necessary but I don't think it was unneeded either. The Gene Wilder version is classic and always will be. But I actually prefer this one. This movie is flashy, funny, charming, spectacular, and sweet which I think the story demands. Freddie Highmore was fantastic as well. Great movie and highly recommended.

No comments: