Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Wanted


So, this past weekend I just saw Wanted. For some reason the majority opinion of this movie by everyone I've talked to is that it received bad reviews so no one wanted to see it. Well in fact it got roughly a 73% on Rotten Tomatoes (which I shall refer to often) and that means that it was a fairly decent movie.

In my opinion Wanted was the best action movie of the year (even better than Dark Knight??? GASP???; sorry but I consider Dark Knight to exceed a normal action movie) so far.

Wanted for those that don't know is based on an acclaimed comic book series (one that I haven't read... yet) and is about an ordinary man who discovers that he is actually the son of an incredibly talented assasin and has some of the same skills. He is recruited by Fox (Angelina Jolie) into the Fraternity (the band of assassins) who are lead by Morgan Freeman.

A great movie that reminded me of the Bourne movies a bit with its camera movements and had lots of great story twists. Top Notch acting by James McAvoy, Angelina Jolie, and Morgan Freeman make this a movie worth seeing and for me it will most definitely be worth buying. Check it out while it's still in theatres.

No comments: