Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Subtle Knife


Many have been asking me about news about the next His Dark Materials movie: The Subtle Knife. This would be the sequel to The Golden Compass.

The author of the books had this to say in mid July:

“I know everyone would like to see a sequel and I know I’d like to see it. When the first film was in production, I was talking to the studio and to Chris Weitz and producers quite frequently. I’m sure they would be now if the sequel was in production.”

Then in early August we heard this from Phillip Pullman (the author):

“They are getting a script together and they have plans to get things going - in time all things are possible and I feel quite positive about it.”

So we shall see. New Line going out of business was not good for the future of this franchise but I remain cautiously optimistic.

No comments: